cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 VPN Routing

tohoken
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a little issue I can't seem to get a grip on. I have our ASA IPSec VPN set and my end users can connect and authenticate just fine. My issue appears to be with routing. All servers are on the same network. I can ping a server at 192.168.1.50 but I cannot ping 192.168.1.51. All servers are set to use the same gateway. Also, if I log in to the 192.168.1.51 server, I can ping the remote client. So, I can ping out to the client on some servers but not in from the client. This is only on some servers, not all. The part that has me baffled is that these servers are on the same segment and all can ping the remote client. Any ideas? Thanks, Ken

2 Replies 2

srue
Level 7
Level 7

is there a firewall on the servers that can't be pinged? what about ACL's on the asa?

We have discovered an IP addressing problem and have that resolved however I am having a new problem. If I ping from the remote host to the server I get no reply. If I ping from the server to the remote client I get success. From that point I can ping the server from the remote host. I have over 50 servers so I can't ping each remote host first. Any ideas why the client can't ping the server first?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: