Views
Helpful
Replies

sccp question?

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

is cisco sccp protocol applicable for gateways, when adding a 28xx gateway from ccmadmin, one will have two protocol options either mgcp or sccp,

afaik, mgcp is a gateway cotrol protocol and sccp is an endpoint protocol, so how can sccp act as a gateway protocol?

how will the configuration on gateway side will look like?

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, the ISR routers can have FXS ports to work in SCCP mode and that would be the configuration CCM expects. See:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6706/products_feature_guide09186a00806cab75.html

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I was wondering the same thing. Is SCCP support for IOS gateways just for FXS support or will it support FXO's as well?

The reason I ask, we have a new gateway with 8 FXS ports and 4 FXO's that we are going to use to replace some existing OPX lines. Typically most of our gateways have been setup using MGCP and we have one with H.323 but have had call lag with the H.323. I've done a little work with a VG224 setup with SCCP and it worked well. There is a chance we'll be using a couple of the FXO's for incoming calls and would like to have Caller ID since it isn't available on MGCP.

Hi, SCCP is designed to control phones so it's doesn't make sense to have SCCP on FXO.

The call lag with H.323 or SIP is probably due to a configuration issue, all the installations I've seen, present no such issue.

Thank you for the fast response!

I got a little more information and initially we are going to just replace the OPX lines so we just need a few extenions to the existing key system. Once we move to install IP Phones the pots lines will be transitioned to the voice gateway.

I think using SCCP in this situation will work well since the system will be acting more like a phone.

As for the H.323 issue, we've had 2 seperate TAC cases open on it. The first they told us it was a WAN issue, the second we never got a resolution and I haven't been able to find any good documents about troubleshooting H.323.

Hi,

unfortunately for the reasons give above, SCCP does not supports FXO ports.

Regarding the problems you had with H.323, it's probably bad luck and no escalation to the proper TAC team. Send your problems here when in doubt, many issues have simple solutions. And there are many experienced eyes reading the forum.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: