Views
Helpful
Replies

MARS global local conversion

garyprice
Level 1
Level 1

I have two local and one global MARS system. All are 200's

I would like, for a short period of time, to degrade or change the global to a local....I know I have to purge the local controllers of Global stuff.

QUESTION IS:When I re-image with the latest and greatest version from DVD ..ie;to make a local out of a Global....am i going to have and issue with the key that is currently on the Global when I use it for the "new" local I just made from the DVD?

3 Replies 3

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

Once you re-image the Global Controller with the latest image you will need to re-install the license. This operation destroys all data and installs a new image.

Write down your license key before you re-image the appliance. You must provide this license key during the initial configuration following the re-image operation.

Hope this helps.

question? after re-image, does the license key determine if the system is going to be a local or global controller...

Can i choose local or global before the license key is entered?

The license key does not determine whether the MARS box is a Local or Global controller. You may take your pick before you enter the license key.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card