cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Park Problem

sabinj211
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if there is a way to set the order in which park-slots are selected?

At this time, when a user parks a call the call goes to one of my 5 configured park-slots. The problem is it picks the park-slot randomly. This is causing confusion for my receptionist.

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Sabin,

It may be easier for your receptionist if they could direct calls to specific Park numbers. Have a look;

The feature you are looking for "Directed Call Park" is available in CCM 4.2. See below:

Directed Call Park

Directed Call Park allows a user to transfer a parked call to an available user-selected directed call park number. Configure directed call park numbers in the Cisco CallManager Directed Call Park Configuration window. Configured directed call park numbers exist clusterwide. You can configure phones that support the directed call park Busy Lamp Field (BLF) to monitor the busy/idle status of specific directed call park numbers. Users can also use the BLF to speed dial a directed call park number.

From this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008055af5c.html#wp1047771

In CME 4.1 and up try;

Dedicated Call-Park Slots

A dedicated, private call-park slot can be configured for an ephone using the reserved-for keyword in the park-slot command. The dedicated call-park slot is associated with the primary extension of the ephone. All extensions on this phone can park calls in the dedicated park slot. The extensions on this phone are the only extensions that can park a call in the dedicated park slot

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00807e14e3.html#wp1012651

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thank you very much for the response. I have come accross the dedicated Call-park slots. It really doesn't accomplish what I'm attempting to do.

The Directed Call Park sounds like it may be suiteable, but it will require me to upgrade CCME which I would prefer not to do at this time.

This is a new implamentation, and the transition has been especially difficult for my receptionist. My ultimate goal is to mimic the funtionality of our old system to ease the transition. I have been able to accomplish this up until this point.

It seems logical that when parking a call, it should use the first parkslot number. Either go by sequence number or extension number.

If this is not a configurable option I will have to figure out a work around. One that I thought tonight, but haven't tested and really don't know weather it is even possible. My thought was to put the Park-Slots in a hunt group. Thinking that if I set it as a sequential hunt group it will the use the park slots in order. The part I'm not sure of is how to control the behavior of the park button on the phones, can I make it call the hunt group pilot when it is pressed. Unless the nature of the Park-Slot prevents it from being a member of a hunt group, I see controlling the button as the only obstical.

I don't know I'm pretty new to this stuff, so I just may be talking out of my rear and none of this is possible.

You probably have this solved by now, but try adding a preference parameter to each park-slot.

If that doesn't do it, then remember how the system picks the slots, but attempting to match that last 2 digits of the ext with the park slot #. Match your first slot up with your receptionist's ext. and then go from there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: