cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS Refresh Config from Controller Fails

becca1jane
Level 1
Level 1

Have been able to refresh config from controller successfully in the past, but now it only works on 1 of 4 controllers. Receive error "Failed (see logs)". Any idea why this would fail, and/or where I can find these logs? All controllers are reachable.

13 Replies 13

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

What do the logs say?

Also, have there been any changes to the network between WCS and the controllers? Has the WCS server OS been updated recently? and which OS, windows or linux?

If anything, retype in the snmp values and try again

Finally found the error in the logs - failure is occurring when setting attribute bridging shared secret. In WCS I went to go look at at bridging on one of the controllers I'm having a problem with and I can't even access the page - receive error "Unknown Exception Occurred. If the problem persists please send logs to the Tech Support."

DANIEL FERREIRA
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue. I added two new controllers to the network and the refresh was fine. After i have had the maps and assigned the access points to the maps can not refresh config from controller and receive the same error "Failed (see logs)"

d.ferreira-

Have you had a chance to look at the logs to see where the error is coming from?

Found bug CSCsi14131:

Unable to change certain config & refresh config due to corruption

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsi14131

Now everything works fine. The problem was the name of the interface that has space between names ("xxx ? xxx?). I have changed the notation for a new one without spaces (xxx-xxx) and now it?s ok. The logs says this:"could not insert:[com.cisco.server.managedobjects.bridge.InterfaceConfig]".

For what it's worth, it is generally recommended that the WCS be at a MORE recent or same revision level (in terms of date, not version numbering, per se) as the controllers.

Have you upgraded the controllers prior to the WCS? It is my understanding that upgrading in the wrong order (i.e.: Upgrading the WLC/WiSM before the WCS is upgraded) might cause problems.

Just a thought.

- John

I am having this problem as well. I recently upgraded my WLC from 7.2 to 7.3.112.0 now I get this error. I've downloaded the logs, but where in the H do you look to find out what is causing this?

You need Prime infrastructure 1.2 if your running 7.3 on the WLC.

Here is the compatibility matrix

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5500/tech_notes/Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.html

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

So, are you telling me that WCS no longer works with this version of the WLC software and that I need to purchase and install Prime Infrastructure? Or is there an upgrade that needs to be applied to WCS?

Take a look at the compatibility matrix. That shows you what is supported and what's not. If your running 7.3 in the WLC then you need Prime Infrastructure 1.2 at least.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yes, I did thanks. Not super clear but I also found the mirgration from WCS to NCS which made it a little more clear. I got it figured out now though. Thanks for the support.

Scott, I can't find any information on this other than this particular thread.  I upgrade 1.4 to 2.2.  Controller is on 7.6.110.   I get this error.   Check the logs is sorta frustrating because I'm not sure which log this would be under and their are literally dozens.   Any ideas?   Is there something missing on the controller side I need to change?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: