cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco works - Check switches vulnerabilities

muca
Level 3
Level 3

I have lots of cisco switches to check for vulnerabilities (VTY Authentication Bypass Vulnerability).

Is it possible to do it using Cisco Works, or to quickly get the config of all devices instead of login one by one?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CiscoWorks has two features to do this kind of checking. The first is Baseline Compliance. It can go through all of your devices' configurations, and make sure they meet a minimum base standard.

The second is PSIRT integration and reporting. This feature checks your devices' software versions against the product security database on Cisco.com, then presents a report as to what devices could potentially be vulnerable.

Jclarke,

It's the first time I am using Cisco Works and I couldn't find the options you've mentioned.

The version I am using is LMS2.5.

Do you know if I have these features on this version?

thanks

The Baseline feature can be found under RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt. The PSIRT integration is not available until LMS 3.0.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: