cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UK CME Dial Plan

mlitka
Level 2
Level 2

Can anyone post their UK CME dial plan? I am looking to setup our office in the UK but the UK Numbering Plan is so complicated, I was hoping to save some time by seeing if anyone already had it configured. I have seen the Cisco docs in reference to the full-blown CallManager Dial Plan for the UK Numbering Plan but was hoping that someone might have something already setup for CME.

Please advise. Thanks!

11 Replies 11

Avner Izhar
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

What about using 9T and sending everything that start with 9 to the PSTN?

The only drawback is that the users will have to wait for the inter digit timeout before the call will be sent out.

HTH, Avner

Aizhar -

Yeah I have that in play now. I am trying to avoid the inter digit timeout.

davieshuw
Level 1
Level 1

This is what I use, nice and simple :)

dial-peer voice 53 pots

description ** Outgoing national landline / mobiles **

destination-pattern 90..........

direct-inward-dial

port 0/1/0

forward-digits 11

no sip-register

Davieshuw -

Aren't UK numbers variable in length?

ah ok i see where your coming from.. there are short area codes, but they only apply if your IN the local area.

Basically our office is in Cardiff. Our area code is 02920. So if your outside of cardiff you'd dial 02920 487xxx for our office.

But if your local, ie in the cardiff area, then you dont have to dial the complete 02920, you just dial the cardiff local code which is 20 . so if your in our local area, you'd just dial 20 487xxx

Im pretty sure all other local area codes are 2 digit, heres what ive got to accomodate this:

dial-peer voice 54 pots

description ** Outgoing local cardiff number *

destination-pattern 920......

port 0/1/0

forward-digits 6

prefix 20

no sip-register

davieshuw -

Very helpful thanks. I was looking around the web yesterday and came across this post:

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t235339-uk-dial-plan.html

Which led me to believe it may be a bit more complicated.

Do you take any of those other rules listed in that post into account or are the unnecessary?

I can see how that post could complicate things :) We're fairly relaxed in our office so we dont really need much control over dialled numbers. The destination-pattern 90.......... forward-digits 11 is going be fine for national calls and calls to mobiles.

BT (UK telco) have tried to complicate things, but just remember the majority of area codes are 5 digit.

Using the above pattern we're going to be fine dialling 01215 xxxxxx (Birmingham) 02920 xxxxxx (Cardiff) 07786 xxxxxx (typical mobile number)

The only other one you may need is :

dial-peer voice 51 pots

description ** Emergency dial-peer **

preference 1

destination-pattern 999

port 0/1/0

forward-digits 3

no sip-register

Do you bother with the 112 for Police?

no we just use 999, you go through to an operator who asks what emergency service you require. They answer in like 2 seconds anyway.

Davieshaw -

How do you handle Free Phone and National Local numbers as these seem to be variable in length?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mike

Can anyone answer this one?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: