Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS SE 4.1

edson.yokota
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'd like to know it the csutil.exe is also available in ACS SE 4.1.

If it is not available, how can I clean up the database of SE?

Thanks,

Edson.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ed,

That is not available in appliance. The way the ACS appliance is set up there is no way to use up all the disk space on the device because the internal acs .csv logs on the appliance do not roll over based on days, they roll over based on size.

The internal logs on the acs are limited to I believe 10 megs per log, and with like almost 20 different logging sections that gives about 200 megs worth of logging space in the appliance.

The logs in the appliance fill up until they reach that 10 megs and then rollover to a

new log.

When it reaches 10 megs it doesn't keep the

old 10 meg file in the appliance. So there is no way appliance will use up the entire disk space.

Regards,

~JG

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Ed ,

This utility is not available on acs appliance. What exactly you mean by clean database ?

Regards,

~JG

Hi JG,

I can clean up the ACS internal database and remove all records marked for deletion with the command below:

CSUtil.exe -d -n -l

My hard disk in the appliance is about 50% used.

Thanks,

Edson.

Hi Ed,

That is not available in appliance. The way the ACS appliance is set up there is no way to use up all the disk space on the device because the internal acs .csv logs on the appliance do not roll over based on days, they roll over based on size.

The internal logs on the acs are limited to I believe 10 megs per log, and with like almost 20 different logging sections that gives about 200 megs worth of logging space in the appliance.

The logs in the appliance fill up until they reach that 10 megs and then rollover to a

new log.

When it reaches 10 megs it doesn't keep the

old 10 meg file in the appliance. So there is no way appliance will use up the entire disk space.

Regards,

~JG

Hi JG,

Thanks for the help.

Edson.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: