cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blade Switch 3020 for HP - Problems Connecting to 6500

ashiliwala
Level 1
Level 1

We have just purchased a HP C-Class enclosure complete with 2 3020 switches. I am unable link the 3020 to our core 6509 using the 4 fibre uplink ports. The port on the 6509 shows as up however the corresponding 3020 port shows as down. I have tried various combination of port settings, and finally manged to get one of the 3020 linked up by physically setting the speed on the 6509 port and setting the 3020 port to auto speed. Once the ports are connected I fixed both ends. The ports are configured for port-cannel and trunked. However no matter what I do the second 3020 is not connecting to the 6509. I also believe that the 3020 do not support LX SFP modules because when I put these modules in the 3020 reboots.

4 Replies 4

UTVi-NetAdmin
Level 1
Level 1

Arshad,

1. Have you swapped out fibre cables, possible fualty fibre.

2. Have you TX<-->RX pairing correct at both ends?

3. Post config of relevant trunk ports/port-channels.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

Sorry for not posting a reply sooner. The switch was faulty, replaced the switch and upgraded the IOS which did the trick.

Hi Arshad,

which switch did you replaced/upgraded ? - I ask you because i have the same problem between a Cat3020 and a Cat4507.

Please feedback to stephan.gerber@clounet.ch

Kind regards

Stephan

Stephan,

I got the 3020-HPQ switch replaced and I upgraded the IOS to 12.2(40)SE1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card