Unity VM only with failover question

Unanswered Question
Overall Rating: 3.5 (2 ratings)
ranpierce Thu, 09/06/2007 - 06:09

Exchange is supposed to be an off-box installation for this exact purpose to my knowledge. If the primary went down you would not have exchange if that was your only exchange server.

ranpierce Thu, 09/06/2007 - 09:47

Roy, since the primary server would have exchange installed on it and would have the mailstore that voicemail is stored in on it, I would say that when the primary when down, the secondary would not be able to connect to the primary to get voicemail. The secondary would have exchange tools installed so untiy would go into UMR mode probably, and new voice mail would be available until the primary came back up.

However I am not an exchange super expert here and I can imagine that there would be other issues that I am not considering here.

Tommer Catlin Thu, 09/06/2007 - 14:10

Failover configuration may require that Exchange is located off box. I think it goes through a series of checks if I am not mistaken. You can try and run the Failover.exe and see what it says, but it will most likely fail. Also, I dont believe TAC will support this configuration you are trying to install

This Discussion