cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with CTU-R (NTU)

ciscodegama
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All, I m working on a project in which we are using leased lines for connecting four sites with the central site. presently we are using CTU-S(Tellabs 8110) for leased line connections. But now we want to implement CTU-R NTUs along with CTU-S. How it is possible? Currently we are using a class C subnetted address by burrowing 3 bits for network.. and for serial lines and ISDN (as a backup) we are using a class A address subnetted with burrowing 21 bits. Now I m puzzling over how can I connect the CTU-Rs with this setup.. Pls. Guide me accordingly.. What should be the gateway or is it the requirement of RRS.. Kindly let me know as soon as possible.. thank you All

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

In short yes, you should be able to do this. What is worrying you about these devices? What is the physical interface they present to the router ?

Dear Sir,

Our Project, Online Ditributive Counselling is a State Level Counselling for Pre Engineering Test

We have 5 locations those we have connected through Lease line of 2mbps and for backup Purpose ISDN is used.

We have Centralize Servers at "Bhopal" Location from where we managed all the network location.

TOPOLOGY-Point to Multipoint

Routing- Static Routing

Encapsulation-PPP

BACKUP INTERFACE-ISDN

THE Locations are currently networked together via Serial using CTU-s connections of 2mbps .To alleviate existing problems with bandwidth and dependability within the state and in existing Serial connection, WE have decided to combine it with a CTU-r leaseline of 2 MBPS (at the later stage)

WE have placed four NTU(CTU-R) with free IP address( of the other end subnet ) configured in it

on our central location and is directly connected to each NTU(CTU-R enabled) on remote locations within a same

subnet Now how will they connect to our servers that are residing in Different subnet

Now we have problem regarding the Loadbalancing and combining bandwidth of both serial and NTU(CTUr) connections via

A mangeable Switch.

CTU-R NTU presents three interfaces i.e Line ,Test,LAN

we have connnected the line interface with ISP line and LAN interface with our local switch

So what should be the configuration so that we can connect the NTU CTU-r and NTU CTU-s together. Is there any requirement of RRS and Bridging of connections.

Kindly provide a solution. Thanks

Which routers do you have ?

We are using 3600 and 2600 series router for it.. at central location we'r using 3600 series router with 4 serial connections connected to Tellabs 8110 CTU-S NTUs to remote locations (using 2600 series router. Now we have decided to use CTU-R with existing topology.

How many LAN interface the CTU-R has ? I suppose it works in transparent bridging with the remotes. That does NTO mean you have to configure bridging on the router, you will use the tellabs just as transport. Which interfaces do you have on the 3600?

After that you turn on a routing protocol, set the mestric so that both serial and LAN have equal priority, and traffic will load balance.

Hi Sir.. We are attaching topology of our project in jpg format.. As you have asked. the CTU-R has single LAN interface.. We are not connecting it to router but our switch. Now pls. go through topology and suggest what can be done. Thanks

Hi,

I suggest you connect the CTU to routers only, not to the switch.

This to make a routed solution, a bridged one is not well suited for WAN as it wuold not allow load sharing, etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: