cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using 3560 as DHCP Server

cjmiller26
Level 1
Level 1

We are using a Cisco 3560 Switch as a DHCP Server. I understand how to set up multiple DHCP pools within the same network using Sub-netting. The issue is i would like to be able to assign on a per port basis of what DHCP pool to use.

For Example if i have 3 DHCP pools configured. I need FE0/1 to be asigned an address from DHCP pool 1 \ FE0/2 needs to be assigned an address from DHCP Pool 2 and the rest of the interfaces need o be assigned a DHCP address from DHCP pool 3.

Is there anyway to do this?

5 Replies 5

jorgenolla
Level 1
Level 1

Create a Vlan for each subnet, then assign the interfaces to the specific Vlan you want them to be part off.

This does not help me, its the same question, I am not talking baout VLANs, i am talking abut DHCP Pools

The only way to break a broadcast domain for DHCP, it's through Vlan's, or routed ports. In your case you want to apply a different DHCP pools based on switchports; the way to do this is through VLAN assignment on the ports, and creating an SVI for layer 3 routing. The SVI will serve as the default gateway.

The DHCP pools will be distributed based on the broadcast segment you have assign them too.

I have taken the time to create a sample configuration on one of my 3560.

SVI = ?

Sorry for my ignorance - To many acronyms in the world today

SVI = Switch Virtual Interface, you are basically assigning an interface for each VLAN, for inter-vlan routing.

In the case of the example that I've posted, these are the SVI's:

interface Vlan1

ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

!

interface Vlan10

ip address 192.168.10.1 255.255.255.0

!

interface Vlan20

ip address 192.168.20.1 255.255.255.0

!

interface Vlan30

ip address 192.168.30.1 255.255.255.0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card