Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM not Syncing with DCR

mnlatif
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We have DFM running on the slave Ciscoworks server. I am having a hard time while adding devices to DFM (from the DCR) when using the "Synchronize with Device Credential Repository" option.

I can see ALL the devices in the section "Devices Not in Fault Manager" but am unable to add any of the device to DFM. After clicking OK (for adding a device into DFM) All the devices disappear from the "Devices not in .." section (even when i wanted to add a single device) and nothing gets added.

I will then have to navigate away from the page and return to get the device list populated again.

Seeing a lot of messages similar to this in the TISServer.log

+++++++++++++++++

06-Sep-2007|09:33:45.997|ERROR|TISServer|WorkerThread0|{TISChangeAttributeDBJob}||.|after process:No corresponding DCR entry with DCRID:1229

06-Sep-2007|09:33:45.997|ERROR|TISServer|Thread-6|{TISDeviceAttributeChangeHandler}||.|IPAddress:10.128.253.129 mismatch DNSName:sfdc-core-sw01.sfdc.sftp.com

06-Sep-2007|09:33:45.997|ERROR|TISServer|WorkerThread0|{TISChangeAttributeDBJob}||.|No corresponding DCR entry with DCRID:1228

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

We have all the devices named in the DCR but the Host Name mappings are Only defined in the "hosts" file on each Ciscoworks server. These entries do not exist in DNS. Could this be a problem ?

After I Un-Check the box for "Synchronize the list with ..." option then Everything Works OK. I am then able to add all the devices.

Thanks,

Naman

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like something bad happened to get DFM and DCR out of sync. If you're not attached to the events in Fault History, you can reinitialize the DFM databases, and that will force DFM to resync with DCR from a clean state. To reinitialize the DFM databases, shutdown dmgtd then run:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmInv dmprefix=INV

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmFh dmprefix=FH

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

Then delete NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf/DFM.rps, and restart dmgtd.

Thanks. That did it..!

Are these DSN, and DMPREFIX values are valid for DFM 2.0.8/2.0.9 also?

Kind Regards

Boldizsar

They are for all versions of DFM 2.0.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: