cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP loopback issue

dinesh1977
Level 1
Level 1

I have iBGP peering using loopback address ( 172.16.1.1 router A and 172.16.1.2 router B) between two routers

and ospf is configured in the internal segment and redistributed to ospf and manipulated the the metrics

for the best path selection . MED is configured ,so all the lan traffic will always take 172.16.1.1 for communicating the MPLS cloud

( I have four networks 172.16.0.0 ,172.17.0.0,10.0.0.0 and 100.0.0.0). If Router A lan segment failed users will be able to reach via RouterB to 172.17.84.X (Mpls cloud)

But in this case this is not happening properly .

1. If i shutdown the Loopback interface of RouterA i can able to reach 172.17.84.X. via RouterB

2. If a user in the 172.17 .X.X segment is not able to reach 172.17.84.x via RouterB

Kindly help me to findout a workaround solution for the above mentioned issue .

Rgds

Dinesh

5 Replies 5

Pavel Bykov
Level 5
Level 5

I don't think i understand your second point correctly. Users of 172.17 cannot reach 172.17.84 when router A loopback is shutdown?

can you posts config of routing protocols on both routers?

Is ospf redistribution done on both routers?

Hi,

One of my remote site ihave 172.17.X.y network . When my lan connection and my Loopback of Router A down ,Iam not able to access the other remote site 172.17.84.X ( I think the problem is when the return traffic will reach to Router A bcos of MED.

Yes Ospf is redistributed on both the Routers.

Pls find the attched configurations of both Router A and Router B.

Thanks for your replay.

Calin C.
Level 5
Level 5

Hello all!

First of all, sorry but I could not find the attached configuration.

Second, in the LAN side, how are this to routers A and B connected? A router to one OSPF router, and B router to another OSPF router? Or A and B are connected to the same OSPF router?

If you have 2 OSPF routers, them how are this 2 connected (I mean routing)? OSPF?

Because if you have 2 OSPF routers and A and B routers are not fully meshed connected, them you might have one segment of network connected to 1st OSPF router and another segment to the 2ns OSPF router.In this scenario if you don't have OSPF enable between this two OSPF routers, you don't have redundancy for your routes.

Br,

Calin

Hi Calin,

Thanks for the response..

The issue is solved with advertise-map command`. Now it is working ..

Thanks

Great :)

Good luck!

Br,

Calin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card