Views
Helpful
Replies

Customize IP used by DFM Reachability Process

mnlatif
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We have quite a few devices, which have been added into DFM using an interface towards our network (E.g. Fa0/0). In some cases we do not advertise the Network\Subnet configured on other interfaces (E.g. Fa0/1) in our network, so that interface IP is un-reachable from DFM Server.

Even though DFM Server knows that device by it Fa0/0 IP, it still also tries to Poll the Fa0/1 IP and labels the device as un-reachable.

Is there a way to fix this ? Without having to advertise those un-reachable IP Subnets into the network.

Thanks,

Naman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known bug, CSCsb48643. The workaround is to unmanage those interfaces in DFM, but then you will also lose operationally down events for them. If you open a TAC services request, and reference this bug, a script can be provided that offers a better workaround. This bug has been fixed in LMS 3.0 by offering a GUI way to disable ICMP probes for certain interfaces.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known bug, CSCsb48643. The workaround is to unmanage those interfaces in DFM, but then you will also lose operationally down events for them. If you open a TAC services request, and reference this bug, a script can be provided that offers a better workaround. This bug has been fixed in LMS 3.0 by offering a GUI way to disable ICMP probes for certain interfaces.

Thanks. Will open a TAC Case.

\\ Naman

Is it possible to see the list of IP addresses that were set as Un-Managed earlier by the script ?

I am also assuming that re-running the script with new IP Address range will not re-initialize the list (and remove the earlier added IP) ?

I starting using this script, which mostly works but I noticed a few times that some IP addresses, which were set to Un-managed, started to show-up in the Alerts again. This usually happened, when I re-ran the script with new IP range etc.

Thanks,

\\ Naman

You can get the managed state of all IP instances by using the following commands:

NMSROOT/objects/smarts/bin/dmctl -s DFM getInstances IP

Then, for each IP instance:

NMSROOT/objects/smarts/bin/dmctl -s DFM get IP::::IsManaged

For example:

NMSROOT/objects/smarts/bin/dmctl -s DFM get IP::IP-10.1.1.1::IsManaged

Re-running the script on a different range should not affect those addresses that have already been unmanaged.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: