Views
Helpful
Replies

Customize IP used by DFM Reachability Process

mnlatif
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We have quite a few devices, which have been added into DFM using an interface towards our network (E.g. Fa0/0). In some cases we do not advertise the Network\Subnet configured on other interfaces (E.g. Fa0/1) in our network, so that interface IP is un-reachable from DFM Server.

Even though DFM Server knows that device by it Fa0/0 IP, it still also tries to Poll the Fa0/1 IP and labels the device as un-reachable.

Is there a way to fix this ? Without having to advertise those un-reachable IP Subnets into the network.

Thanks,

Naman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known bug, CSCsb48643. The workaround is to unmanage those interfaces in DFM, but then you will also lose operationally down events for them. If you open a TAC services request, and reference this bug, a script can be provided that offers a better workaround. This bug has been fixed in LMS 3.0 by offering a GUI way to disable ICMP probes for certain interfaces.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known bug, CSCsb48643. The workaround is to unmanage those interfaces in DFM, but then you will also lose operationally down events for them. If you open a TAC services request, and reference this bug, a script can be provided that offers a better workaround. This bug has been fixed in LMS 3.0 by offering a GUI way to disable ICMP probes for certain interfaces.

Thanks. Will open a TAC Case.

\\ Naman

Is it possible to see the list of IP addresses that were set as Un-Managed earlier by the script ?

I am also assuming that re-running the script with new IP Address range will not re-initialize the list (and remove the earlier added IP) ?

I starting using this script, which mostly works but I noticed a few times that some IP addresses, which were set to Un-managed, started to show-up in the Alerts again. This usually happened, when I re-ran the script with new IP range etc.

Thanks,

\\ Naman

You can get the managed state of all IP instances by using the following commands:

NMSROOT/objects/smarts/bin/dmctl -s DFM getInstances IP

Then, for each IP instance:

NMSROOT/objects/smarts/bin/dmctl -s DFM get IP::::IsManaged

For example:

NMSROOT/objects/smarts/bin/dmctl -s DFM get IP::IP-10.1.1.1::IsManaged

Re-running the script on a different range should not affect those addresses that have already been unmanaged.

Thanks.