cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

music on hold multicast

whanson
Level 2
Level 2

I set up the SRST moh. This is fine except for one fairly big problem. Customer uses IPCC and calls are answered by CTI port which is in a region that uses G729. So a call comes into remote site PRI and the CTI port picks up the call and it is a G729 call so MOH is coming from the central site. I can see no way around this.

5 Replies 5

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

What version of IPCC is this. One question I have is when is the caller hearing the Music from Call Manager. Is it during hold times in the queue. If so do you play a wav file from IPCC or do you put the caller on hold in your script while in the queue? Or are you talking about when callers are being de-queued or transfered to agent?

The way I always setup SRST MOH is to setup a seperate Region for MOH and make sure it talks G711 to all other Regions. Then on my CTI Route Point and CTI Ports make sure they contain a Device Pool that have a Region that talks G711 to the MOH Region.

So please explain further if am not understanding your problem all together...

thanks much for your response. This is the scenario. I call in to a site over the PRI to a phone in that site. From the ip phone, I put the PSTN caller on hold. On the gateway running MOH I do a sh ccm music and see a session indicating that the gateway is sourcing the MOH. Great. Now I call a number that is that same site PRI wise which invokes IPCC script which is at the central site. While queued I get MOH which is coming from CM not IPCC script. The session between the cti port and remote gateway is G729 based on regions, but I say so what, all of the MOH resources are in a device pool with is G711 only between all sites, so it should stream at G711 but when I do a sh ccm music there are no sessions and performance monitor has increase unicast which is defined from one MOH server but is second in the group list. Does that make sense. Baffled. I have totally blocked multicast between sites with both hop count and access lists. Thanks again for any thoughts

A couple of thoughts.

I would be curious if you could translate a DID to call a phone at your central site and have the phone put the caller on hold and see if the MOH acts the same way. If it does then I suspect that this is just the way it is going to work.

But another thing I am curious about is on your SRST MOH Configuration do you include an IP address of a loopback address in addition to the Voice Subnet Ethernet Address.

The last thing to think about, you mentioned you defined MOH Server second in a group. I have seen instances where you have 2 Resources in a Group whether that is MOH, Conference, Transcoding, whatever. And I have found that many times it does not take the first one on top. I talked to TAC and they informed me that it is not a Top-Down Algorithm in a group. I had to modify configuration where I put one type of resource in one group and the second resource in a second group then prioritize the groups in the group list.

Other than that sounds like you have done your homework and a very good handle on the situation so someone with a little more insight on the details of how MOH Multicast Works in this scenario will have to enlighten me.

whanson
Level 2
Level 2

thanks for all the help. Customer told me that moh was originating from CM but after reviewing the scripts, clearly MOH was being played out by IPCC server. thanks for help

Excellent, glad to hear you made headway...

Dont forget to rate useful posts.

Thanks,

Shane