cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Assistant 5.2

philrattenborg
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had problems with ver 5.2 of Network Assistant with the CDP neighbors not showing up in the topology window? In version 5.1 it seems to work find but when I upgraded to ver 5.2 the cdp neighbors will not show up in the topology window.

6 Replies 6

aborole
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there is no known change in behavior in that area from 5.1 to 5.2 - what type of neighboring devices are we talking about ? is the topology option to display neighbors turned on ?

I do have it turned on. We have some HP switches that have connections to the cisco switches. In ver 5.1 topology view I see the HP switches even though they say unsupported device, they show up in the view but in 5.2 they show up on the left pane under the neighbors but they do not show up on the right pane in the topolgy view. It is very strange that they don't show up

This is not expected behavior and we would like to get the following information to debug the issue:

- Topology view screen shot

- 'sh cdp neighbor detail' CLI output from the community member to which the HP device is connected.

- Java console log file - to get this open the console by clicking F2 when CNA window has focus, then click "Show Log File" on the console window and save that file.

I have the information that you requested. Please send me your email address and I will send the data to you

Thanks

This is a bug in CNA 5.2 and the workaround is to add that device as a community member and connect to the community instead of connecting directly to the IP address of that device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: