cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CCM 5.1 to 6.0

Yorick Petey
Level 4
Level 4

We have a CallManager 5.1 with more than 500 DLUs, it works fine since few months.

We want to upgrade it to Communications Manager 6.0.1 but we can't find an official migration procedure on Cisco website...

We received an "upgrade 5.x to 6.0" CD which contains a .sgn patch file, and a PAK for generate the Node license.

Via the OS Admin/Upgrade feature of the 5.1, we installed without problem the patch -5to6-.sgn in approximately 1 hour. But after the final reboot and the new license upload, everything seems working except that the CiscoCallManager Service don't run.

In RTMT, we can see a error message "Error - License Validation Failed for SW Version Feature" although the ccm6 license is present and "Used" in Unit Report.

What is the problem?

My questions are :

- Where is the official procedure?

- Why the CCM Service can't run?

Thanks for help!

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CM 6.0 requires a new license type: "CM Software Version License" on top of the Node and DLU licenses. Do you have that?

Chris

Our through PAK generated license is of type:

Product Name: CM6.0-K9-DEMO

Product Description: SW Unified CM 6.0 Appliance - Not For Resale

A license type which permits normally a 6.0 node installation. Why not an upgrade ?

This is a demo licnese that comes with every CM 6.0 now, I belive it only gives you 50 DLU as a trial (somthing new in CM 6.0). I suggest you either contact TAC or licensing@cisco.com to straighted out your licensing.

Chris

acjarvis
Level 1
Level 1

What version of CallManager 5.1 did you upgrade from? I'm trying to do the upgrade from 5.1.3 to 6.0.1 and the upgrade file is not recognized from the CD/DVD or through SFTP.

I have a TAC case currently open from this. This upgrade disk is not for a demo version but should still be basically the same file.

Aaron

We tried to upgrade from a 5.1(1) version. In conclusion, the upgrade worked fine except the license file which was not applicable to an upgrade.

Good luck with your case, and thank you for inform us when you will successful upgrade.

Yorick

rmichelberger
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading your ccm to 6.0 you have to copy the content of your upgrade license: system -> license -> license upload. There you can search for the current license file content. You have to copy the content and paste it to

https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/Licensing/PrivateRegistrationServlet?FormId=806

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: