Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP up/down

pperles
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have 2 Cisco routers 1811 and I try to configure DMVPN GRE+IPSec tunnel + NAT over Internet between two remote sites for our company, with dynamic EIGRP routing and private traffic over tunnel.

During the last days, I success to get IPSec and GRE tunnel to work but I cannot ping the tunnel IP address from both sides. From the Central router the EIGRP is always up/down and cannot keep a route but the router can send Hello and receive throught the tunnel. From the remote router no up/down, it can send Hello but no Hello received throught the tunnel.

It's a strange problem, I try the classic debug commands. I read the Cisco faqs about mtu issues and tunnel problems... but I cannot fix the problem. Could you help me ? The configurations and debug are attached.

Regards,

Phil

2 Replies 2

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

For DMVPN GRE over IPsec the EIGRP routing updates are not sent over dynamic spoke to spoke tunnels. The routing protocol only runs on the hub and spoke links. You will have to configure one router as hub and the other as spoke for EIGRP updates to be sent over the tunnel.

I configure one router as hub (Central) and the other as spoke (Remote).

Do you see an error in my configurations ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: