cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring DID over a BRI CME

davieshuw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. Ive been given a block of ten DDI numbers, or DID numbers for the non British :) I can see them coming into the system when I call in to one of the numbers and do an ISDN debug 1931. So happy days there.

Now. On my UC520, im not sure how to configure DID numbers. I can see there's the facility to :

ISDN asnwer 1 incoming main office number

ISDN answer 2 incoming DID number xxxxxx

and then map the ISDN 2 answer number to an ephone-dn secondary number, that works fine. But i need to impliment my 9 other DID numbers, and map them to phones. Any ideas?

22 Replies 22

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well, two things:

1st an incoming DP with direct-inward-diale for the called number:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number 30206.

Then the easier method to map DID to extension is

dialplan-pattern 1 302006. extension-length 3 extension-pattern 10.

Another technique is to place the full received number as secondary as you suggested.

This will make so DID 0 to 9 are mapper to extension 100 to 109. Other extension would not receive DID.

It may be more complicated that thay so you would need to explain how do you want things to work.

Then another matter is which number you want to be presented for outgoing calls.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hey. Well what im looking to do is to have ten DID numbers on ten phones in the office.

When someone dials a DID, it goes straight to the relevant phone.

When they dial out however, I only want the main office number going out. I dont want the DID number going out, because once people get hold of those numbers it'll be a nightmare!

So reading your post, i'll need to create ten dial peers with the ten DID numbers?

No dial-peer except the one I mentioned which only purpose is to prevent a secondary dial-tone to be given to callers.

Just configure the dialplan-pattern as I suggested adapted for your local need.

For outgoing just configure "isdn calling-number XXX" and you are set.

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Huw,

you can use this as an example, put direct-inward-dial on your POTS dial-peers and also use a translation pattern

ie

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /1231/ /1/

where 1231 are the first 4 digits of the ddi range,assuming service provider is sending 6 digits (BT send 6 by default)

voice translation-profile potsincoming

translate called 1

then apply the profile to your POTS dial peers

dial-peer voice 1 pots

translation-profile incoming potsincoming

destination-pattern 9[1-8].....

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind connect enable 8

progress_ind disconnect enable 8

fax rate disable

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0

forward-digits 6

I hope this helps

Dave

Hi Dave,

So would I need to add direct-inward-dial to all of my dial peers, even ones that arn't anything to do with my DDI?

Also do I need :

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind connect enable 8

progress_ind disconnect enable 8

Cheers

Just your POTS dial peers (not needed on all POTS dial peers but I allways do)

the progress indicators are not essential but they guarentee things such as the user getting a ringing indication in the earpiece etc rather than just silence then hearing someone say hello at the other end

I hope this helps

Dave

OK ive done that (and I assume i'd have to set one of the ddi numbers as a secondary number on one of my extensions so somebody's phone rings)

So what ive done is set my secondary number of my extension to 4775xx which is one of my DDI range. But, when I call in, I get the lovley automated BT lady telling me 'this persons phone is currently unavailable'.

Hi, as I mentioned before, using "dialplan-pattern" you don't need secondary numbers for ephone-dn.

If you want to use secondaries, use the called number that you see with "term mon" and "debug isdn q931".

Hi, ive tried using the secondary number method, but the phone doesnt ring. Here's the output from the debug isdn q931 when I phone in on one of my DDI's:

*** Output Omitted ***

Calling Party Number i = 0x2183, '7786268XXX'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

Called Party Number i = 0x81, '4475XX'

Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown

Sep 10 09:18:12.014: ISDN BR0/1/0 EVENT: process_rxstate: ces/callid 1/0x17 calL

Sep 10 09:18:12.014: ISDN BR0/1/0 EVENT: host_incoming_call: call_id 0x0017, Gu0

Sep 10 09:18:12.014: ISDN BR0/1/0 **ERROR**: host_incoming_call: answer number s

Received called number/subaddress does not match configured numbers

Sep 10 09:18:15.998: ISDN BR0/1/0 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x01

Sending Complete

Davie

Try a test voice translation-rule 1 4475XX to check what its being translated to on inbound. Then confirm you have a dn matching that number associated to a phone

Hi,

using secondaries, the numbers to use would be 4475xy. Or:

dialplan-pattern 1 4475.. extension-length 3 extension-pattern 2..

Note, you said that you only have 10 DIDs, so most likely you can use:

dialplan-pattern 1 44751. extension-length 2 extension-pattern 2.

I've supposed the second rightmost digit to be fixed as 1, change as needed.

Using secondaries ive entered the same number thats being presented to the system, 4475XX, but no joy. If im assigning each number as a secondary I assume I can do away with dial-patterns all together?

Hmmm, can you call secondary from a phone to another ?

dial-plan pattern would be the alternative

I've got a secondary set up on the Reception phone.

Basically you call the main office number 4875XX and it rings on the reception phone as its the secondary number.

I thought i'd would be a similar sort of thing for these DID's, but aparrently not!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: