Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS11506 SSL offloading

antonios
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Was wondering if anyone could point me to some very simplistic configurations on how we move SSL encryption off existing web-servers onto the CSS11506.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Many thanks

5 Replies 5

zahkhan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Attached is a white paper that I co-authored. Hope it helps.

Thank you very much

Hi ,

I have been going through the document you gave me and was wondering if you could clarify some points for us. In an excerpt from the document you sent me:

content rule

backend-server 10

backend-server 10 type backend-ssl

backend-server 10 ip address 192.191.134.170

backend-server 10 port 86 _ must match port configured in the service

backend-server 10 server-ip 192.191.134.170

backend-server 10 server-port 443 _ must match HTTPS service port running on the real server

backend-server 10 cipher rsa-with-rc4-128-md5

backend-server 20

backend-server 20 type backend-ssl

backend-server 20 ip address 192.191.134.171

backend-server 20 port 86

backend-server 20 server-ip 192.191.134.171

backend-server 20 server-port 443

backend-server 20 cipher rsa-with-rc4-128-md5

active

Do you perhaps have an example where the SSL session terminates on the CSS and clear text HTTP is run to the Web Server.

As from what I can see the example excerpt I have above is for HTTPS to the backend servers.

Many thanks

Hi Gilles,

Thank you for your input. I was hoping you could clarify an issue for me. I have managed to export a test certificate off a test IIS server it is a .P7B file. I have copied this file onto the CSS. How do I deal with the key pair ? How do I import the key and associate it with the certificate.

Thanks for your assistance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: