cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error 772 via DS3 ATM

izonenetworks
Level 1
Level 1

We are an ISP reselling DSL over a DS3 ATM. on a 7206. For somereason, after 2hr or so, customers start to get Error 772 via there PPPoE Dialers. The only way for us to fix this, is to reboot the router and everything is cool for another 12hr. Any ideas?

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Exact PA and NPE type, and IOS used?

PA-A3-T3 (HW REV 2.0/Board REV A0)

NPE-300

Ver 12.2(15)T12

PA and NPE are fine. For IOS, would io please upgrade to latest 12.2SB - should be like 12.2(31)SB7, that is expecially made for broadband services - note the B for Broadband in SB.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

We will try the SB version. We just tried to upgrade to 12.2.46a. But after doing that, the router runs really slow and on console, it just scrolls with Virtual-Access### changed state to Up or Down and just keeps scrolling...... IF the SB does not work, then maybe we have a config problem. Thank you for the info. I will keep you posted on the SB Version.

Hi,

keep in my in mind, service provider features are kind of special, so the software is specially tested for scalability and the things you guys do, this is not the case for a "regular mainline" image. That's why I recommend SB.

So same problem, users are still getting the 772 message after about 10-12hr. Another thing, when we do a reload, as the router is shutting down, customers start to login. Could there be something that is hangging or something in or config?

When we upgraded we got this message about the version told us about is not supported. via "show ver"

--------------------------------------------------------------

This Version of Cisco IOS Software is not supported on NPE300.

Please select a version of Cisco IOS software compatible with

this processor from http://www.cisco.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------

PCI bus mb0_mb1 (Slots 0, 1, 3 and 5) has a capacity of 600 bandwidth

points.

Current configuration on bus mb0_mb1 has a total of 490 bandwidth points.

This configuration is within the PCI bus capacity and is supported.

PCI bus mb2 (Slots 2, 4, 6) has a capacity of 600 bandwidth points.

Current configuration on bus mb2 has a total of 400 bandwidth points

This configuration is within the PCI bus capacity and is supported.

Please refer to the following document "Cisco 7200 Series Port Adaptor

Hardware Configuration Guidelines" on Cisco.com <http://www.cisco.com>

Hi,

the thing is that most ISPs nowadays use NPE-400 or faster so cisco has decided to "certify" these platforms only for SB. In reality, should not cause a problem.

What you are be seeing could be a memory leak, can you observe memory usage over time possibly try to identify a process not releasing memory.

Since I think is not professional for you to share the config here, I suggest you open a case with the tac to help diagnose the problem. Be sure to escalate to the SP broadband team since the beginning.

Good luck!

Thanks again for all your help. It did turn out to be a config problem. Thanks again.

Good day

It is a config problem?

Tell more please if wou want...

Thanks before )

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card