cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Abandoned calls

mpozorski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there - I have a queue that is setup and am just looking for ways to minimize the number of abandonded calls or at least minimize the way that Cisco is reporting the abandoned calls. After doing some investigation, I have found that the calls make it into the queue, and then before an agent is selected to take the call the client will hang up causing an abandoned call. Is there any way to tell Cisco not to report the call as abandonded if the call was not in the queue for a certain amount of time or something like that? We are running IPCC version 4.04. I read that there is a timer that can be modified in version 7 but we are far away from moving to that version so if anyone may know of a setting that can be modified to adjust that I would like to hear what you have found. Thanks.

7 Replies 7

You're running express, which I don't know if it has service level settings or not. 7 is enterprise and a completely different beast.

david

David - Yes we are running express (premium) and in the CSQ's we are able to set the service level times for the different queues. I will do some more looking into the service level settings to see if that can be modified to show us what we are looking for. Thanks for the insight.

In your script, when a call is queued, set a shortCallTimer. We set it as 10 seconds. If caller drops the call within 10 seconds, change the call to Handled. This way the call will not show as Abandoned, but as dequeued.

To make this work, you need a step to capture the exception, when incident defined in the exception happens, check the shortCallTimer passed or not. IF not passed, set the call to Handled. Otherwise do not change anything.

Thank you very much, I think I understand what I need to do. I just need to create a call timer that marks the calls as handled if the call is dropped within the amount of time defined. Then I would need to put an if statement in the script after the call is in the queue that checks if the call is still there after the timer and if it is, then run through as expected. I will work it out in our script in the morning and test it out. Thanks for the help.

Could you please elaborate on this? I looked at our script and I don't see where a call timer can be set. Is is just a 'set' and then have a variable be the time of 10 seconds or did you set it up with the delay and then check the call after the delay expires? I'm just a little confused as I don't quite understand how you are doing that so any additional information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Please see the attached file. That is how I did it.

Thank you very much. I will review it in more detail when I get into the office tomorrow. I really appreciate the assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: