Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NIAP Common Criteria certified equipment

I am in the process of designing a network connection that must conform to the National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) Common Criteria, but I have run into a slight problem getting the PIX configuration approved.

The problem is not with the PIX hardware or software. The problem is that the Target of Evaluation (TOE) which was used to certify the PIX firewall *requires* the use of PIX Firewall Syslog Server 5.1(3). PFSS software is no longer available from Cisco, and I only have version 5.1(2). The result is that the use of a PIX firewall (or ASA) will remain unapproved until, or unless, I can find PFSS 5.1(3).

This brings me to my two questions:

1. Is my information on NIAP Common Criteria certified Cisco equipment correct? That is, are there newer certifications for Cisco products that do *not* require the use of PFSS as the syslog server?

2. Is there any place where I can still obtain the PIX Firewall Syslog Server software version 5.1(3)?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

The Cisco Aironet 1240AG Series supports 802.11i, Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), WPA2, and numerous Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) types. WPA and WPA2 are the Wi-Fi Alliance certifications for interoperable, standards-based WLAN security. These certifications support IEEE 802.1X for user-based authentication, Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) for WPA encryption, and Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) for WPA2 encryption. These certifications help to ensure interoperability between Wi-Fi-certified WLAN devices from different manufacturers

Thanks for the reply.

I have not been able to find documentation of a completed certificate for the Cisco Aironet products. I have only found where they are listed as being in evaluation. See http://www.niap-ccevs.org/cc-scheme/in_evaluation.cfm

or

http://www.niap-ccevs.org/rss/in_evaluation.xml

Nonetheless, the Aironet products will not solve this issue. Since posting the original request for assistance, I have learned that the requirement is for NIAP-CC EAL4 certification, and the Aironet is (or was) being evaluated for EAL2 certification. Additionally, the Aironet products are being evaluated for IDS/IPS and Wireless LAN, instead of Firewall, compliance.