CME with Cisco Unity

Unanswered Question
Sep 7th, 2007

I'm working in a project where CME will be the foundation for VoIP. The customer is very interested in Unified Messaging features. On my understanding Unified Messaging is only available for larger installations where Communications Manager is used. Am I right? Can be possible to connect Cisco Unity with Communication Manager Express?

I know Cisco Unity Express is well suited for CME, but Unified Messaging is not included there. Right?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rob.huffman Fri, 09/07/2007 - 15:50

Hi Daniel,

It is possible to connect/integrate CME with Unity to leverage the Unified messaging portfolio. Here is a matrix of supported CME and Unity combinations;

Supported Version Combinations for Cisco Unity, the Cisco Unity-CM TSP, and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express

You may also want to look at Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition;

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition cost-effectively integrates the benefits of voice, video, mobility, and messaging on a single platform and eliminates the need for multiple servers to run each application. Combining the applications on a single platform simplifies the installation, support, and ongoing management of the system, while reducing the total cost of ownership (TCO).

Solution Benefits

Combines powerful sets of telephony and voice messaging features on a single platform

Provides Cisco Unified Communications Manager feature set, including Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) support

Supports a broad portfolio of Cisco Unified IP phones

Includes integrated mobility features

Provides built-in, easy access to messaging services, including

Voice-activated user interface

Customizable personal settings

Ability to view, prioritize, and listen to voice messages using the Web, e-mail client, and the display of a Cisco Unified IP Phone

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition With good video as well;

Hope this helps!

This Discussion