cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX Password issue

william.culver
Level 1
Level 1

The telnet and enable password on my PIX are not working. They were changed and the lines in the config read:

password <password> encrypted. and

enable password <password> encryupted.

The password listed is the password that was typed in only it is in clear text.

I can get into the ASDM because it requires user name.

How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

a.alekseev
Level 7
Level 7

If you have access to the ASDM then just change telnet and enable password using ASDM.

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not sure if its the case but,

When you apply username/password LOCAL authentication on PIX i think it will override all the other passwords set to different connection methods like you have configured. And it will then require some username/password pair that you have configured in the PIXs LOCAL database.

Not sure if this is even relevant to your problem but thought id post this here. Was doing my final work and wondered why some passwords didnt work at one point.

a.alekseev
Level 7
Level 7

whisperwind
Level 1
Level 1

I presume you mean you can't get into the asdm.

If you do not know the passwords and try putting a space at the beginning of what they should be or after as I have fat fingered it like that as well.

If that does not work, login into CCO and get the program you need to do a password recovery.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card