Views
Helpful
Replies

moh

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

in a centralized ccm with multisites environment, i need moh to be played by the remote site's gateway?

i need a guidance (good doc) on how to make this

i need a dsp resources on the remote site's gateway? right?

please help

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi U-C,

Hope all is well with you :) In this design MOH can be sourced from the Central site but of course is quite a bandwidth hog. MOH can also be configured to be sourced from the local routers flash. Here are some docs that explain;

Media Resources Interactive Voice Network Configuration Example

Configure Multicast Music-On-Hold in Unified CallManager

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00807f8b30.shtml#step4

Cisco Unified Communications SRND Based on Cisco Unified CallManager 4.x

Music on Hold

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a00806e8c28.html#wp1043850

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi,

I would like to install a standalone MOH server but little confuse. Should I install CallManager server and then disable ccm service.

Anwar Ahmed

We're running in centralized IPT approach with multicast moh from branch router flash. So, we disable multicast over WAN and configure the same multicase IP address and port number as in CCM moh server. But, if we would like to have 2 different moh source in the same branch, how can I configure? I saw from doc that only SRST router support moh, is that true?

Hello Rob,

Another great reply!!!! This page shows all we need for an IP Telephony implementation. Thank you very much for sharing your precious knowladge with us. The only thing missing in this interactive diagram is a VPN and a Gatekeeper. Is there anyway to add these two components or another link showing the same quality information?

Thanks again,

MK

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: