How Many Simulation Questions on 640-801?

Unanswered Question
Sep 8th, 2007

Does anyone know roughly how many simulation type questions there are on a typical CCNA exam 640-801 ? How much time should be spent on one of these questions ? Clearly more time will be required for them than the other question types, such as multiple choice.

Do they tell you at the start how many sims are going to be in the exam, as this would be useful for time allocation purposes.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
scottmac Sat, 09/08/2007 - 05:28

I believe I've heard that there are ~three sims, give or take.

There is no indication of how many when you start.

They can be anywhere (start, middle, end ... two in a row at the beginning, two in a row at the end, evenly distributed ... there is no pattern).

How much time you give sims kinda depends on hom much time you spend / waste on the other questions (like stareing for five minutes at a question you don't know ... if you don't know it, guess and move on).

Most indications are that you will not pass if you don't get the majority of points available on the sim, they're apparently heavily weighted.

All that being said; study to learn the material, not to pass the test. If you understand the concepts well, there is no such thing as a trick question, and you will have more than enough time to finish the test(s).

Good Luck

Ibbywannit Sat, 09/08/2007 - 06:49

I took my CCNA last week (got 961 yay!) and i had 3 simulations. I would say that they are heavily waited because a guy in the same class as me who was very good only answered one question (out of 5) on the hotspot and pressed next instead of finishing the other 4 questions - he was pretty confident on the rest but he only just passed with 860 (you need 849). So i would say don't repeat his mistake - spend a little bit of time trying to get them right, the question mark DOES work for the show commands - if you're not sure just try as many as you can. Hope this helps.

This Discussion