Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting the background images for 7970 phone on ccme

ganeshraghuram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am setting up the background images for 7970 phone on the ccme router.I am following the docs from the url http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_tech_note09186a008062495a.shtml

I configured as per the documnet except that i have not mde the directoried in the flash as mentioned.I am also attching the configs and files used for this.But i still cant see the backgrougn image on the phones.Please let me know where am i going wrong.Thanks in advance

16 Replies 16

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The phone looks for files with directories in the TFTP.So either you create the directories, or "emulate" them via alias option in tftp-server command.

In any case, do "term mon" and "debug tftp events" to see that the phone is requesting.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks for replying.Does this folder and sub-folder exist or do i need to create one first in the flash.If yes how do i create it.Also i did not understand the alias option in tftp-server command which you have mentioned.

Thanks and Regards

Ganesh R

You create subfolders with the mkdir command. Note older router like 2600 and 1700 do not support directories.

The alias option makes possible to send a request for a give file with possiubly directories in it, to go to any other file you have in the flash.

As an appreciation to those providing answers, please rate all useful posts using the scr4ollbox below!

Hi

Thanks for your reply.I have configured it but still no luck.Please suggest.

Try leaving the first / out of your tftp-server command. You might get an error but it takes the command anyway.

tftp-server flash:Desktops/320x212x12/List.xml

The same goes for the List.xml doc. Take out the first / character.

I don't see the show flash - keep in mind that unles the path is exactly valid, it won't work.

This is not exactly true with the tftp-server command. I just verified this. I omit the first /, I get an error, and then all works correctly.

Thanks guys

I have got a file now doing wihout a /before Desktops but now i am just getting a png file with cross.It says file not found.

The sh flsh attached

Did you make the correction in your List.xml file also? The phone can now get to your List.xml file. It looks like the thumbnail that your List.xml file is pointed to is wrong or not served up with the tftp-server command.

Hi

I have reconfigured the entire thing as per the a requirnment.The configurations are done now very much as per the document.I have also attached the configuration and files which i have used.I am still not able to understand what mistake is been done by me or is there anything which i have to do apart from what the document says.

The url in xml file is wrong. use tftp:///directory/file

Hi

I have configured it now as

FTP://172.27.250.1/Desktops/320x212x12/reguslogo1.png"

URL="TFTP://172.27.250.1/Desktops/320x212x12/reguslogo.png"/>

where 172.27.250.1 is the tftp and ccme sub interface ip for all the phones.But still the results are the same.

Throwing the IP address in there doesn't work and lacks modularity when trying to utilize the same set of install files. I uploaded the logo pics to my CME build, revised the List.xml, and added the needed tftp-server commands.

tftp-server flash:Desktops/320x212x12/List.xml

tftp-server flash:Desktops/320x212x12/reguslogo.png

tftp-server flash:Desktops/320x212x12/reguslogo1.png

All is working fine on the phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: