cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New outgoing mail policy copied from incoming mail policy

IIAGDTRnSC
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to easily copy an incoming mail policy to the outgoing mail policies? I have an incoming keyword policy that I'd like to use in the outgoing emails as well.

Guess it might be best to create dictionaries for any such word lists, but I just started using my device for outgoing mail.

- Richard

2 Replies 2

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

I would recommend that you just open a second webpage when creating the Outgoing mail policy with the outgoing content filter. Then have them side-by-side when you're creating them, but instead do it for the "outgoing content filter" and enable this new outgoing keyword content filter in the "outgoing mail policy".

Currently, there's no easy way to "sync up" incoming and outgoing content filters since there could be potentially too many differences between the two (i.e mail-from, rcpt-to, and mail flow direction)

In other words, I would just do it by hand to make sure there's no errors.

Is there any way to easily copy an incoming mail policy to the outgoing mail policies?  I have an incoming keyword policy that I'd like to use in the outgoing emails as well.  

Guess it might be best to create dictionaries for any such word lists, but I just started using my device for outgoing mail.

- Richard

IIAGDTRnSC
Level 1
Level 1

I had resigned myself to do this, it's not too bad but I was looking for the easy way out.

Thanks tho.

Currently, there's no easy way to "sync up" incoming and outgoing content filters since there could be potentially too many differences between the two (i.e mail-from, rcpt-to, and mail flow direction)

In other words, I would just do it by hand to make sure there's no errors.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: