CCVP

Unanswered Question
Sep 9th, 2007

Hi,

I am planning to work on the CCVP Certification and would like some guidance regarding the same.

1. What are the recommended books/materials

2. I am not a voice person. So, what is a reasonable timeframe to get CCVP Certified.

Regards,

Lisa

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
dangal.43 Mon, 09/10/2007 - 12:51

hi,

Will anybody give me the explanation how CCVP's all exams are cordinated with each other in terms of sequence?

flash2200 Mon, 09/10/2007 - 13:05

Opinions vary on this one but most people agree that TUC (Troubleshooting Unified Communications Systems) should be done last.

QoS pretty much stands alone so you can do it at any point. I found it to be one of the harder exams and if you're new to the subject matter there is a lot to cover.

CVoice is probably the easiest exam in the track and the one most people take first to get their feet wet.

GW/GK is a good follow on course to CVoice since it is essentially a continuation of related material albeit in far more depth. I consider it one of the more challenging exams in the series right up there with QoS.

CIPT I would suggest taking after CVOICE and GW/GK but it's not critical.

In my case I did QoS first, CVOICE, GW/GK, currently working on CIPT and then have to do TUC.

It's interesting stuff but a lot to learn...

Also as a word of warning there seem to be limited resources for prepping for the TUC exam at the moment outside of taking the formal course from Cisco at $3000!!! Very frustrating.

dangal.43 Mon, 09/10/2007 - 17:33

hi thanks for your respnose....

now if i will do CVOICE and CIPT then will it be enough for deployment understanding of the Voice Network.... or you can answer my question in terms of what can i do with the knowledge of CVPICE and CIPT?

as well as can you please explain me what GW/GK cover.... and how you practiced for CCVP?

please help me out for the same....

flash2200 Tue, 09/11/2007 - 05:00

Ref your first question I would have to say no. You need QoS to deploy VoIP in any serious way and a working knowledge of GW/KG is also necessary to interface with the PSTN and manage larger voip networks. I'd suggest CCVP provides the minimum level of foundation knowledge needed to do a production design for small/medium size businesses or organizations. Ideally you would probably want to expand on it by going after the voip related specializations as well if you want to get seriously into the field. These are also useful in pursuing a long term goal of CCIE Voice.

As for practice I have a home lab with a couple of 2801 ISR with various interface cards (T1/E1, FXO, FXS and 4 port POE ethernet card in each. One of them has CUE AIM and CCME. I have two virtualized CCM's (Pub/Sub) and a virtualized Unity server and some 7940 phones sets. I'd like to expand my lab as time and money permit. You can also rent time with online racks for CCVP if so inclined. It makes sense to do so with some of the more expensive gear.

As for what GW/GK covers I'll refer you to the official exam description at the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/current_exams/642-453.html

HTH

dlillis65 Sun, 09/23/2007 - 14:28

I am doing it in the same order as flash2000. I just took the QOS exam and now moving on to CVOICE. The CVOICE should be real easy for me as I have been involved in the telephony part of the world for quite some time.

Actions

This Discussion