WLC 4402

Unanswered Question
Sep 9th, 2007

Hi Guys, i'm having a little trouble trying to design a new wireless deployment.

I have purchased a 4402 to control about 30 1200 series ap's accross two buildings (one LAN). The plan is to use a single ssid for the office network, and one for production. Is it possible to have ap's on different vlans (i.e one vlan per building) using these general ssid networks? I'm just unsure about how to configure the 4402 to allow for ap's in different vlans to use one ssid....

Maybe someone can give some feedback and direction, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ankbhasi Sun, 09/09/2007 - 23:19

Hi Friend,

I believe what you are looking is that if client associate to AP1 should get Vlan X with SSID X and when client connect to AP2 in other building on same controller should get vlan Y with same SSID X correct?

If this is what your expectation is it is very well possible using AP Group VLAN feature.

This link will give you a very clear idea how it is configured and deployed, so just have a look at this link and incase you have any doubt please come back with the same

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/control/c44/ccfig41/c41wlan.htm#wp1128591

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode