cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connectoin Platform Discs

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I have a Unity Connection 1.2 running on an IBM 3650 Server but I cannot find the disk in the kit. I do have a 3650 disk from a Unity kit and i am wondering if the base os is the same on Unity and connection? Also does anyone know what disk will supoort the 3650 or is it a specific disk

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

Here is the Platform disc information for Unity and Unity Connection;

Components Installed by the Cisco Platform Configuration Disc

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/uconn/ucpcd.htm

Components and Software Installed by Cisco Unity Platform Configuration Discs and the Cisco Unity System Preparation Assistant

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/pcd/cupcd.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

I got passed the config disks however I am running into an issue with the raid controller Bios.. It is the upgrade or download error message however when I follow the Cisco tip to install the downlevel BIOS the disk says it cant see the raid controller. I suspect this is because the diskette is for a 7k controller and I have an 8k that needs downlaoded.

I dont have a 3650 platform disk for the unity connection so I am using a Unoty platform disk and this may e the issue.

Any one have any ideas

I am having the exact issue at the moment. Have a tac case open as well as a call with IBM. I am however using the "Unity Connection Platform Configuration disk for MCS-7835/7845-i2-UC1 Servers and IBM x3650 based servers" It is version 2.1(1) on the disk. Any ideas?

I ended up with the correct disk and all was almost okay.

The issue is there will be no 'G' drive because you are using a usb keyboard and mouse.

I had to mannualy name the g drive.

I also got a bios error for the raid controller but after building the disks (floppy) I got around that

If you are still having issues please email me and I will see what Ican do to help you.