Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover + CSC20 Redundancy in a ASA5510

Hi, We are going to setup two ASA5510 in a failover configuration and both have the CSC20 module for the anti-X features. I have some questions. The failover configuration of the ASA includes the redundancy in the CSC20 modules? do we have to configure any extra commands in order to start using the module in the other ASA? Do the modules shares IP address?, Thanks a lot for your help

3 Replies 3

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

For failover both ASA's must be identical, which in your case is true. Both CSC modules will do automatic config sync and no extra configuration will be required for this. However the CSC modules will not do a stateful failover in the case of failover.

Thanks a lot for your answer, I just found it yesterday in the "Administering Trend Micro InterScan for Cisco CSC SSM" document. The CSC modules should do stateful failover as the rest of the connections in the ASA, maybe it will do it in a future release.

I have the same problem with the IPS module. apparently, It doesn?t have a config sync or stateful, has anyone work with this modules in failover?

Thanks a lot for your answer, I just found it yesterday in the "Administering Trend Micro InterScan for Cisco CSC SSM" document. The CSC modules should do stateful failover as the rest of the connections in the ASA, maybe it will do it in a future release.

I have the same problem with the IPS module. apparently, It doesn?t have a config sync or stateful, has anyone work with this modules in failover?