cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS (Voice) Testing Software

rsommer
Level 1
Level 1

Looking for comprehensive and somewhat inexpensive QoS testing software. Typically two endpoints running the codecs I specify. (The telephony system may or may not be Cisco.)

My responsibility will be to provide network paths that will support voice. I'll need to test it prior to and prove it later.

I know there are many platforms out there, I'm trying to weed through those that are not the right fit.

2 Replies 2

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

To expedite QoS deployment, the user interface must be simplified. Cisco AutoQoS addresses this by automating the five main aspects of QoS deployment (Application Classification, Policy Generation, Configuration, and Monitoring & Reporting and Consistency) while adding control plane intelligence to create a simple, accelerated and tunable solution.

CiscoWorks QoS Policy Manager (QPM) is a key enabler of end-to-end QoS for IP networks. QPM 3.0 is a QoS management tool that combines centralized traffic monitoring with network-wide configuration of differentiated services for voice, video, and data applications by leveraging the intelligent Cisco infrastructure. For more information, please see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2064/tsd_products_support_series_home.htmlWhat are the benefits of CiscoWorks QPM?

So, for example, would QPM be able to generate 20 simultaneous G.711u calls, place additional flow on the wire, then let me know if all 20 passed? I'm not sure that is what QPM is designed to do.

I guess I'm looking for something equivalent to NetIq's Vivinet Assessor - at a lower price.