Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"UDP FLOODING" MESSAGE WHEN ACCESSING WEB SERVER HOSTED IN LAN FROM INSIDE

Hi ,

I have a query.I have hosted a server in the Inside zone of the ASA firewall.Whenever i try to access the url from inside i find the packet getting blocked by the firewall throwing an error "UDP flooding".After which i added a proxy and then when accessed the same was working fine.Can i not achieve the requirement without adding a proxy.I am sure there should be some command in ASA which should help me avoid UDP flooding when accessing the url from inside.Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Jkannan

3 Replies 3

whisperwind
Level 1
Level 1

I would suggest you look at the rules governing access from the inside to the DMZ and vice versa. What you have stated suggests that the proxy is allowed through but the other machine is not.

Hi,

There is no dmz in this case.The firewall is enabled for only Inside to Outside Internet access and also is configured for port forwaring features to access certain servers from outside. Am sure there should be some cli based command to stop the udp flooding.Please help..

regards..Jkannan

Hi ,

Kindly suggest on the above.

Is this a problem because of the sysopt noproxyarp functionality.The output of the present show run sysopt is as mentioned below.

Should i apply no sysopt nopproxyarp outside command, so that the inside users can access the webserver hosted in the inside using the url directly.

# show run sysopt

no sysopt connection timewait

sysopt connection tcpmss 1380

sysopt connection tcpmss minimum 0

no sysopt nodnsalias inbound

no sysopt nodnsalias outbound

no sysopt radius ignore-secret

sysopt connection permit-vpn

regards...Jkannan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card