Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME Setting Call Forward Number Remotely

CCME 4.0, CUE 2.3.4

A customer wants to dial in from their cell phone to CCME and set the call forward destination. Anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not possible. A TCl/IVR script could do that, that I think I can add to the few I wrote already.

So it's possible. ;-)

Anyone have a TCL/IVR script to do this?

Describe how you would like it to work, what the minimal authentication and configuration features, and I will put it in the waiting list.

The code is not quite trivial as it need both the TCL/IVR and the XML remote provisioning for support, base on SOAP I think. So it should come out clean :)

I would imaging providing a single number for office voicemail access and call forward updates. Something like this:

"Welcome to ABC Corp, to access your voice mailbox press 1, to update your phone call forward settings, press 2."

option 1 - routes to CUE login

option 2

-Enter your ID

-enter your password

-Enter the telephone number you would like to forward your IP Phone to, followed by the pound key. Otherwise, press pound to forward to your office voicemail.

-Update succeeded, thank you

or

-Update failed, please contact your system administrator.

-Return to main menu

If possible, annunciate the current forwarding address, and/or new forwarding address.

I have yet to create a TCL/IVR or XML app, but have programming experience and might give this one a try.

Should be doable. As I said the tricky part is where the script actually configures CME via "XML provisioning". TCL/IVR has an http client that should suffice once the SOAP object is built correctly.

I wouldn't probably provide the option to route to CUE because if you have DID, you should have two separate numbers for the two services. Perhaps it should be the CUE to route to this service instead ?

Update on this.

I've found that TCL/IVR has a serious flaw in which the http package does not sent authorization headers (or any custom header for that matter) for POST transactions.

I needed that to configure the router just like the GUI does (kind of proprietary method).

As workaround one could use an external server, but is much less elegant.

I'm trying to raise cisco's attention on the matter to see if a fix can be produced, but I don't hold my breath for it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: