using isdn backup with eigrp

Unanswered Question
Sep 11th, 2007

Hi all, If I want to use eigrp with 2 links, 1 is my main link, the other is isdn, but I dont want it to keep bringing up the isdn line for updates, would this work ?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
carl_townshend Tue, 09/11/2007 - 07:27

but how will it know it can route through the isdn if the other interface goes down, if it gets no updates ?

carl_townshend Wed, 09/12/2007 - 04:37

Hi

Can I use the backup interface command with eigrp ? will this stop the updates bringing up the line? or is floating static routes the only option in this case, has anyone got an example config with eigrp ?

many thanks

lgijssel Tue, 09/11/2007 - 11:13

Carl, after 2239 posts, how much have you learned? Previously you stated that you are educating yourself using this forum. I have nothing against that but meanwhile I have the impression that you are one of those who will never learn anything! For a start, you still haven't learned to rate posts that are helpful to you and that would be the least to do for someone who is using this forum so intensively.

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE THAT ARE WILLING TO ANSWER YOUR SILLY QUESTIONS. I suppose this is solely due to the massive amount of knowledgeable people around that are not yet completely flabbergasted with your stupidity!

Therefore once again, I solemnly ask you to start rating posts; it is the least you can do for those who are still bothering to answer your oneliners. For the rest I wish you all the best, you need it!

Being polite is not always the right approach.

Leo

lgijssel Tue, 09/11/2007 - 11:40

Carl, the solution for this is using floating static routes. Do a search for that on CCO and

you might be able to find it out by yourself.

regards,

Leo

Actions

This Discussion