cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

using isdn backup with eigrp

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all, If I want to use eigrp with 2 links, 1 is my main link, the other is isdn, but I dont want it to keep bringing up the isdn line for updates, would this work ?

6 Replies 6

kerek
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Yes it can work. You have to deny the eigrp under the dialer list so the eigrp packets will not trigger the ISDN, but when the call established the eigrp will work.

Krisztian

but how will it know it can route through the isdn if the other interface goes down, if it gets no updates ?

First the ISDN call has to be established and after the EIGRP will form adjacency with its neighbor. You can trigger the ISDN to call either by using backup interface command or dialer watch.

Hope it helps, rate if does

Krisztian

Hi

Can I use the backup interface command with eigrp ? will this stop the updates bringing up the line? or is floating static routes the only option in this case, has anyone got an example config with eigrp ?

many thanks

Carl, after 2239 posts, how much have you learned? Previously you stated that you are educating yourself using this forum. I have nothing against that but meanwhile I have the impression that you are one of those who will never learn anything! For a start, you still haven't learned to rate posts that are helpful to you and that would be the least to do for someone who is using this forum so intensively.

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE THAT ARE WILLING TO ANSWER YOUR SILLY QUESTIONS. I suppose this is solely due to the massive amount of knowledgeable people around that are not yet completely flabbergasted with your stupidity!

Therefore once again, I solemnly ask you to start rating posts; it is the least you can do for those who are still bothering to answer your oneliners. For the rest I wish you all the best, you need it!

Being polite is not always the right approach.

Leo

Carl, the solution for this is using floating static routes. Do a search for that on CCO and

you might be able to find it out by yourself.

regards,

Leo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco