Views
Helpful
Replies

Odd problem with transfering

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

CALL TRANSFERS NOT WORKING PROPERLY.

We have a receptionist with more then 14 lines configured on her phone. Looks like when ever others put thier caller on hold, the receptionist sees a blinking light.

OK, HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED TODAY. Some one on the floor HAD PUT A CALL ON HOLD SO SHE COULD SPEAK TO another caller WHO WAS CALLING IN. WHEN SHE PUT HER CALL ON HOLD, THE PHONE NUMBER SHOWS UP ON MY receptionists SCREEN AND THE BUTTON NEXT TO the user on the floor FLASHES GREEN (THIS IS A NORMAL OCCURRENCE THOUGH I DON'T KNOW WHY).

ANOTHER CALL CAME IN; BUT DID NOT SHOW UP ON MY receptionist's SCREEN BECAUSE The person on the floor WAS STILL THERE. My receptionist PICKED up her phoNE AND NOBODY WAS THERE. THE PERSON CALLED BACK AND THAT TIME I WAS ABLE TO ANSWER (user on the floor's CALL WAS STILL ON HOLD). Receptionist WAS ON WITH THE INCOMING CALL (WHICH DID NOT SHOW UP ON the receptionist's SCREEN - ONLY user on the floor HELD NUMBER WAS STILL SHOWING). THE INCOMING CALLER NEEDED TO SPEAK WITH another use on the floor. Receptionist PUSHED THE DIRTRF BUTTON TO TRY TO CALL the other person on the floor BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY TRANSFER BUTTON THAT WAS SHOWING UP AND THE INCOMING CALLER GOT TRANSFERRED TO STEPHANIE'S HELD CALL (WHICH HAPPENED TO BE TIME WARNER). HOW EMBARRASSING. SHE CALLED BACK AND TOLD ME WHAT HAPPENED. I KIND OF THOUGHT THAT MAY HAVE BEEN WHAT HAPPENED BECAUSE I LOST HER AND STEPHANIE'S LIGHT WENT RED.

WHENEVER AN ATTORNEY PUTS SOMEONE ON HOLD THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS ON MY PHONE. I DON'T SEE ANY INCOMING CALLS (ONLY THE HELD NUMBER) AND WHEN I ANSWER I DON'T GET ANY WORKING SOFT KEYS FOR THE CALL I'M ON.

I have attached a snap of the phone config from call manager. The user is the receptionist with 14 lines or so on her phone. 3 lines are for the main number and 1 for the general

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

If you are using CME, Configure dual-line DNs to overcome this problem.

Ephone-dn?A software construct that represents a line that connects a voice channel to a phone instrument where a user can receive and make calls. An ephone-dn represents a virtual voice port in the Cisco CallManager Express system, so the maximum number of ephone-dns in a Cisco CallManager Express system is the maximum number of simultaneous call connections that can occur. This concept is different than the maximum number of physical lines in a traditional Telephony system and also is different than the maximum number of telephone or extension numbers that can be assigned.

This example output shows how to add the huntstop channel command in the ephone-dn configuration:

(or)

Paste sh run [gateways], detail about the topology like CCME or CCM ? and logs files.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: