Views
Helpful
Replies

accessing remote site

bethamprashanth
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

I've two sites and i would like to connect both of them.

the resources available is leased line.

what are the possible ways to connect both sites. with and without using leased line.

iknow one way is with leased line is to have two ends with routers and then configure for ppp.

i would like to know are there any possible ways:

1. with leased line

2. without leased line

3. with leased line and without router.

4. or any advanced technology if possible.

i would thankfull if provided answer with each case.

thanking you,

prashanth

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

you have different mechanisms available in getting two locations connected and start communicating between each other.

as you have mentioned you can have a direct point to point link connecting both your locations with different encapsulation depending upon the end point devices used.

you can also get connected to your Service provider who either can provide vpns or normal internet bandwidth.

On top of normal internet bandwidth at the both the locations you can create vpn tunnels on your routers to have a secured path for communication between your locations.

if you are going on for vpn services which is available in different flavors you really dont need to use any tunnels from your routers.

each of these mechanism have their own pros/cons and based on the requirement and budget alloted you can choose any one of them.

instead of leased lines you can have fiber termination as well as wireless termiantions for the last mile or even between 2 of your locations based on the distance...

regds

hi Mr.spremkumar,

as you said

instead of leased lines you can have fiber termination as well as wireless termiantions for the last mile or even between 2 of your locations based on the distance...

I need some information about fiber termination.

I'm unaware of it.

thanking you,

prashanth

hi

you can get the sevices availed from the SP who can be able to provide end to end fiber connectivity between your locations.

They just get you fiber end points which you can get plugged onto the multiplexer equipment and convert them using media converter based on the requirement.

You can either convert the same to ethernet drop or to normal v.35 based on the requirement.

By doing so you will be having a overlay network over the SP backbone TDM network.

regds

ciscodegama
Level 1
Level 1

One of the costeffective option available for u is Tellabs CTU-r which has integrated routing ability and u will get a bandwidth of 2 mbps .This serial connectivity is provided by BSNL .In this topology donot need routers on both ends,

and for further back up purpose u can use BRI interface