Views
Helpful
Replies

packets not Switched in hardware in 7600

ccomelli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I configured 1 VRF in a 7600. I need to send some packets from the global table to that VRF. I configured 2 ports, one in the global table and the other in the VRF and join the 2 ports with a crossover cable. To send the traffic to the VRF i used a PBR. It works but

the traffic switched by de VRF is CEF in software, not in hardare. This configuration is supported in 7600?

Thanks in advance!!!

7 Replies 7

ybajpai
Level 1
Level 1

PBR in VRF is not supported on the c7600 yet. I think it is coming soon though. (dont hold me on that though ;-) )

Hi! I applied the PBR, but not in the VRF interface. I applied the PBR in the global interface, pointing to a VRF interface in the same chassis. This works fine, but CEF is made in software, not in hardware. do you know why?

Thanks in advence!!

can you try removing the pbr and use static routes to push traffic to the vrf instead? see if that changes anything.

No. the customer wants to make PBR. Voice packets are not routed through the VRF.

route-map pr deny 3

match ip address platinum

!

route-map pr permit 5

match ip address acl-pbr-ADSL

set ip next-hop 1.1.1.10

!

matching the ACL platinum the traffic follow normal routing. Traffic Matching acl-pbr-ADSL goes through ADSL.

Thanks in advance!!

i just checked and it seems like vrf aware pbr is supported in the latest SRB1 release on advanced feature set images.

If you have an IP services IOS image then it will be software switched and this is a known limitation because those featuret dont mave the necessary mpls makefiles complied in the code.

ensure that ur customer is running advanced ios and srb1 code to support hardware switching of pbr packets pushed in the vrf.

please note that the above holds true even if you are not pushing mpls packets but ip packets in the vrf using pbr.

I am going to verify the ios version.

Thanks a lot!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card