Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM and MARS

zlabovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the following situation in my customer's network: when adding the switch 6.5k with FWSM(ver 3.1) in MARS (4.2.8) discovery of FWSM results in an error with the following message:

Error occured during FWSM 3.x multicontext discovery. More detailed info may be available under View Error button of individual context devices. If you can not find detailed error info, please make sure 'hostname.domain-name' for each context device is unique

The more specific errors are non existent (when i click on a specific context and choose view error a get the same message)

I do get incidendts that my security contexts generate, but I am a bit unsure is this a regular thing or not? Deleting a module, reimaging MARS does not help.

Any help with this would be highly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

Check if you are able to get the discovery of FWSM if not running into multicontext mode. You should delete the device from the MARS database and then remove the configuration regarding the muticontext mode of FWSM and after this try to detect the FWSM. If it is getting detected then you can again put the config for multicontext mode.

Hi,

Unfortunately I cannot remove the config regarding the multicontext mode of FWSM.

I have tried deleting the FWSM from MARS, and adding it again, but I failed, because MARS kept on giving me the message that I already have FWSM configured even though I deleted it ffrom the MARS. So I had to reimage the MARS and start all over again, with the same outcome.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: