Views
Helpful
Replies

2 Receptionists 2 Attendant Consoles: Need Call Load balancing

ocarmona777
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 receptionists:

- The are both using 7960 phones with 6 lines each.

- They are both using Auto-Attendant Consoles associated with the 6 extensions on their phone

The calls are first received by Receptionist #1 and if all lines are busy or CFNA then it goes to the second Receptionist.

Desired Objective:

- I need to have them both be Load Balanced with the calls

- I want them to be able to "Log Off" and have all the calls come in to whoever got up

- If any of them do not answer then it should be forwarded to a Call handler ext. that I have.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gary.mattson
Level 1
Level 1

1. Set the hunt group to route by AC user line rather than Directory number. This will allow for automatic call routing to the logged in user or ultimately to your Always Route extension.

2. You can use Longest Idle as your algorithm.

In addition, I usually put all the lines in a pickup group if the receptionists are sitting close. Then I set the ring policy on the lines to Ring on Phone Active so they can hear the calls and pick for each other.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

gary.mattson
Level 1
Level 1

1. Set the hunt group to route by AC user line rather than Directory number. This will allow for automatic call routing to the logged in user or ultimately to your Always Route extension.

2. You can use Longest Idle as your algorithm.

In addition, I usually put all the lines in a pickup group if the receptionists are sitting close. Then I set the ring policy on the lines to Ring on Phone Active so they can hear the calls and pick for each other.

thanks great response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: