cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitor / Rrecord IPCC Express 4.0(4) agents across WAN

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

I wanted to get a second opinion, for some reason I thought using the CAD Monitoring/Recording as long as your

PC running the Agent Software was plugged into the back of the phone and depending on phone model made sure you configurd to "Span to PC Port" was enabled that it would push the voice stream to a remote IPCC Voip Monitoring Server even if that is a remote branch phone/agent resides across a WAN and the VOIP Monitor Server resides centrally.

Not sure why I thought that because after closer reading you have to have a VOIP Monitor Server local to each remote location with Agents that require that funcionality because it has to be able to track the MAC Address?

Can someone verify this is the case for me?

4 Replies 4

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

If a new VoIP Monitor domain was created, restart the Recording and Statistics server.

VoIP Monitor Server 4.2 Best Practices Configuration Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1001/products_tech_note09186a008010e6ba.shtml

The URL above has to do with configurations prior to the Desktop Monitoring capability.

My question was pureley conceptual, going to implement it soon so I will let you know how it goes. I talked to TAC and they said putting agents across the WAN and having the Agent Desktop push the voice stream to the voip monitoring would not be a problem and you do not need a voip monitoring server local.

You have to have a local server to do this. The other option is have big pipe where you are going to do the spanning of the circuits doubling the traffic.

My client had a hosted environment in east coast endusers were on different time zone. Client did not want to put any equipment at enduser to maintain. Talk to some vendors callrex is one, nice, verint be sepecific. Initially they say yes.

I believe you are correct in most recording applications and situtations but as long as the only users that want the recording capabilities are IPCC Agents using Desktop Monitoring I believe it does not require any additional hardware to be local.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: