New CCNP curriculum complete

Unanswered Question
Sep 11th, 2007

I just passed the ICSW with a 988 out of 1000. It was my last test as i Had already passed BCSI, BCMSN and ONT. I plan to practice what I have learned in my job, and continue to be learn as time passes.

My next step is to learn voice( on the job) i dont want to be ccvp. Also to start my studies for the CCIE Written

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ck_balita Tue, 09/11/2007 - 17:37

Wow that's a high score. what study materials/practice questions did you use?

eriknixon Tue, 09/11/2007 - 17:46

I used the Cisco Press books and Dynamips for all of my exams. I referenced for clarification on quite a few things I didnt understand in the books.

FYI, I didnt have much experience with the SDM for VPN etc. You can use this with dynamips as well. If you are interested, I can help out with that.

ck_balita Tue, 09/11/2007 - 18:02

Thanks for the advise. I just started using SDM which I downloaded from Cisco site, have a few routers that I can practice on using SDM. I still have alot to work on though. Anyway goodluck to you on your next certification.

taylor.alan Tue, 09/11/2007 - 23:04

well done, you are following the track that I want to go down, Just waiting for my CCNP books to arrive then I can get started.

foeadefinal Wed, 09/12/2007 - 12:03

Hi eriknixon,

Congratulations on the exams. How did you make Dynamips work? Can you help me? I just started preparing for my CCNP and it'll be helpful if I can use Dynamips.

alaishandre Thu, 09/13/2007 - 20:04

Congrats on your CCNP achievement.

I was just wondering when you used Dynamips where can you get all the different IOS's for the labs? I too am pursuing the CCNP! Just starting out with BCSI study material from cisco press.

eriknixon Thu, 09/13/2007 - 20:07

you need to have a CCO account with cisco to get the IOS versions.

silvoskynsaka Wed, 09/12/2007 - 06:13

congrats!!! wish to get an info on when you started the ccnp program and how long it took you to finish, just to encourage me.

eriknixon Wed, 09/12/2007 - 08:26

I started studying back in Febuary for the first exam BCSI. It does require some time dedicated to it if you want to get through all 4 exams within 6-7 months, but its possible. Once your finished its definately worth it :)

dcarr3311 Thu, 09/13/2007 - 07:15

Did you Use any practice exams? and what did you use is so?

hamedidowu Sun, 09/16/2007 - 07:43

Congratulations!! Please I will like to know which practice test you used for the ICSW exam. Is it possible for you to mail me a copy? This is the only exam left for me to finish the new CCNP exam. Thanks

This Discussion