Here is what I have

1) Win2k3 server running DHCP/DNS

a) IP pool range is 192.168.100 - 199 subnet = /24

b) I have a router option of 192.168.1.254 (ASA Device) to outside world

Now internally all my pc's get

ip - 192.168.1.*

GW - 192.168.1.254

Net - /24

I have the 3005 configured with several remote groups. All are setup to get DHCP from my win2k3 server. All are setup to Auth through that server too using NT Domain.

I can connect to the concentrator from outside the network. It will auth me and gives the following ip

192.168.1. (Within my range)

GW = 192.168.1.1 <-- this is not correct

Sub = /24

I can log into the domain server and see my remote vpn machine connect with the correct IP. I cannot figure out why it has a GW of 192.168.1.1.

The server is setup fine so it?s leading me to think something with the Concentrator? But I don?t know what.

Has anyone else seen this problem or can point me in the correct direction in resolving this?

2 Replies 2

D0nprintup_2
Level 1
Level 1

BTW - It is setup on the concentrator as remote access.

Could this be a bug?

Now here is the key too. I can setup a DHCP pool in the concentrator and it will get the corrected GW and get out to the internet.

However I am running out of IP's and cannot do an overlap incase it causes dup issues.

This is why I want the one server doing DHCP.

one more thing I forgot to include. Under the IP ROuting / Defualt gateway I have the public default gateway set. I also have the tunnel default gateway set to 192.168.1.254.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: