Views
Helpful
Replies

Large Syslog file on Ciscoworks.

wwanjohi123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My syslog file grows quite first, how can i manage it? on F:\Program Files\CSCOpx\log\syslog.log

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You should start a command prompt, then run:

F:\progra~1\cscopx\bin\perl.exe F:\progra~1\cscopx\bin\logrot.pl -c

That will start the logrot configurator. Again, refer to the online help for more details.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use logrot.pl. The script can be found under F:\progra~1\CSCOpx\bin. It is also documented in the online help. Just search for logrot.

Hi Clarke,

When i run the script F:\progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl.exe the window just opens and hungs at that. The F:\progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\logrot.pl can open. What could be the problem?

You should start a command prompt, then run:

That will start the logrot configurator. Again, refer to the online help for more details.

Thanks will get back.

Hi,

I have re-checked on the online help and i think my problem is on the command syntax, i have tried entering the command in different ways but can't get it right. See below.

Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790]

(C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>F:\Program Files\cscopx\bin\perl.exe F:\Program Files\cscopx\bin\logrot.pl -c

'F:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>

Kindly assist.

Rgds

Winnie.

If you copy and paste exactly what I put in my previous post, it will work:

Clarke,

Thank you very much, i will now monitor my log files now.

Regards

Winnie.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: