Wireless link advice - dot1q

Unanswered Question
Sep 12th, 2007
User Badges:

Just after some advice really guys...

Here's my situation:

I've setup some converted barns into office space with CallManager Express and data network. These both have their own VLAN.

The barns surround an old farm house. The owner of this farmhouse would like to have internet access and a phone extension through CME. The trouble is there was no network cables put into the house from the office network, so we have to do a wireless link.

Is there any wireless equipment that would trunk VLANs accross to the farmhouse? and maybe give me two network ports in the house, one for voice and one for data. One side would be connected to a Catalyst 3560 and in the house there doesnt need to be a cisco switch, we could easily do with basic equipment in there, but nothing has been purchased for that side.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks for looking.


  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
irisrios Tue, 09/18/2007 - 06:04
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

You can buy a cisco 1400 series bridge with integrated antenna one in office and one in Farm house. Then the wireless bridge in the farm will connect to a switch from where you have Voice and data deivces attached. You cant have two ports from the wireless bridge.


This Discussion



Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode